When we lose our connection with what lights us up or we discover our actions misaligned with our intention, it’s time for a self-audit pause. That sounds easy, but it is in these moments that our mind screams “Keep Going.”
Here’s a simple method to self-audit:
- Get quiet: create time to sit with your breath; landing the inhale on your heart and releasing thought with the exhale.
- Connect: this can be prayer, loving kindness practice, or just heart-centered breathing.
- Believe: Your spirit is the house of your divine spark (aka: higher purpose), and your inner wisdom knows this spark intimately. Beyond words, you hold the truth of your purpose. Trust it.
- Gut Check: Not sure? Ask yourself this simple question: “If my life aligned with my divine spark 80% of the time, I would lay my head down at night and say, ‘Yes! This is inspired living for me.’”
- Drop it: What is contrary in your life? It takes a bit of courage to let the rest of it drop away, but it is so worth it.
- Move with purpose: As you leave the space of audit and back into action of daily life, stay awake. Make the shift.
Be committed to your own path. We have only this one precious life.