Recently, an Asheville writing coach & author of “Birth Your Story,” Jaime Fleres-Mizejewski, asked her tribe to share beyond the surface; our nuances, idiosyncracies, and soul’s truth.
Just writing this list reconnected me to ME, and connection to self is a portal to connection with the rest of the world. When we get real with ourselves and celebrate our nuttiness, the walls of perfectionism dissolve in laughter.
Here’s my stream.
- I adore hugs, despise small talk, and am at that annoying person at a party that wants to know your life view on the intersection of purpose and passion.
- I believe each and every one of us is pining to come alive and show the world our amazingness. Even that annoying guy who always calls me kiddo.
- While I never aspired to the mommy parade, I adore my now teenagers with a fierceness that surprises even me. They exhaust, inspire, elevate, test, encourage, and crack me up.
- I would like to meet the engineer who invented the beeping car alarm to simply ask one question; “Why?”
- I believe in all of it, and I believe in the divinity of humanity.
- I am a health fanatic, and it has taken me the better part of my 47 years to get that “wellness” has nothing to do with a number.
- I practice yoga every (damn) day. Oh yeah… I have also birthed two yoga studios and love to teach.
- True to my gemini spirit, I am a total business nerd as well as angel communing, spirit animal loving, past life regressing Believer with a capital B.
- I once marched dirty underwear out of my pant leg at Walmart. Just another feather in the Amazon.com cap.
- I love to dance, travel, write, hike, sing, read, and throw things away. I am a master purger of material items.
- Nothing makes me happier than feet on the earth.
- I am quick off the starting line, bore in the middle laps, but finish all initiatives with a killer sprint. I super love to project plan.
- I feel over the moon privileged to live my life.
- I am hungry for what’s next in my “do good in the world” wild safari.
Will you share yours?